“Ten Scary Minutes” is an online horror movie making contest. The goal, to create a 10 minute horror movie, using a smartphone, tablet or POV camera, like GOPro etc. for the video capture – you may use any non-professional video camera! Please review the Contest Rules.
The contest is online and open to anyone world wide, with the prize money wired by Western Union ($200.00), paid in US funds.
Contest will open for submissions August 1, a with the deadline for submissions October 1. Contest results will be announced October 31. The Official Judging Form is on page 3 of the Press Release and can be downloaded here: The Official Judging Form
1. Your video contest entry must be in at least 720P HD resolution or better.
2. The video contest entry cannot exceed 10 minutes, including opening titles and credits.
3. To enter you click on the “Movie Entry” tab. You will be brought to the Gallery Page where on the the top you will see a big green button. You can use your Facebook, Twitter or Gmail address to log in, (we do not store any of your data on our site!). From there, you will come to the entry form where you will fill out your information and upload your video. If you have questions, please contact us at “firstname.lastname@example.org”.
In order to stop the large amount spam we instituted this system to protect your privacy and our system from the people who where spamming us.
1. Your movie end title credit roll must include the following statements or points are taken off:
- Entered in the – www.tenscaryminutes.com online horror movie making contest;
- List the type of camera used (smartphones or tablets, you may use any non-professional video camera, like GO Pro, DSLR etc;
- List the editing software you used;
- Credit any special effects used;
- Credit any stock images or video you used;
- Credit any copyrighted audio elements used;
- Credit Director(s):
- Credit Actor(s):
- Credit Production Person(s):
- Music Credits:
2. The video contest genre is horror and shall not feature any explicit sexual content. Such content will disqualify the entry. You also agree not to use any high risk stunts, film in high risk or restricted areas or depicted any persons (age, sex, race, religion, physical attributes) in ways that are intended to be disparaging.
3. You have obtained written consent of any persons identifiable and recognizable in your production to use their likeness in the production.
4. You cannot incorporate third-party copyrighted materials into your video contest entry without expressed written permission and must be acknowledged in your credits.
5. You must own the copyright of your production and be able to assign the right to use for the contest.
6. You agree that the producers of “Ten Scary Minutes”, the video contest producers, sponsors, officers, directors, agents, parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and employees are not liable for any liabilities, expenses or loss incurred with respect to the production of, or any aspect of your entry.
7. You agree to indemnify the producers of “Ten Scary Minutes”, the video contest producers, sponsors, officers, directors, agents, parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and employees from any and all liabilities, expenses or loss incurred with respect to the production of, or any aspect of your entry.
Entry Rules, Terms and Conditions:
1. To enter you must meet all criteria outlined in both the contest Production Rules and Content Rules.
2. You grant non-exclusive worldwide rights to use your production in whole or in part, to used by the producers of the video contest, on the website www.tenscaryminutes.com or in printed material for promotional use only in materials related to the contest, without financial consideration.
3. To enter you click on the Entry button,you will then be brought to the 2015 Submissions Gallery page. On the top you will see a big green button. Click on this and log in in using your Facebook, twitter or GMail account, (we did this to prevent spammers from messing up the contest entries). Once logged in, click the green “Submissions” button again and the form appears for your to upload your entry.
4. All prizes as advertised must be accepted as awarded.
Release and Indemnification:
1. You agree that by entering the video contest your relationship to the “Ten Scary Minutes” the contest producers, sponsors, officers, directors, agents, parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and employees, (the “Released Parties“), is exclusively as a participant in the contest wherein you shall make no claims of liability or loss to or against the “Released Parties“.
2. In exchange for the right to participate in the Contest, each participant agrees to release and indemnify the “Released Parties“, from any and all claims, demands and/or causes of action of any nature or kind whatsoever, whether presently known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, that arise out of the participant’s participation in the Video Contest.
3. We, the “Released Parties“, make no claim to copyright in any entered production and copyright shall remain with the credited producer.
4. The opinions, beliefs and assertions made in a particular production do not reflect those held by the “Released Parties“.
How to Submit your entry:
Go to the “Movie Entries” tab. On the top right, click the sign in. You can use your Google+, Twitter or Facebook account to log in.
Once logged in you will see a new tab in the upper right hand corner “My Submissions”. Click there and you will be brought to the entry form, please fill out the entire form. To upload your video, click on the tab “Upload” and follow the on screen instructions.
If you need to contact use, please email: email@example.com